1. First step is to download the Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0) for Linux x86 zip file from www.oracle.com and extract it somewhere.
nzip 10201_client_linux32.zip to a folder
3. Open terminal and run
4. Following instructions on OUI to install your software. Note that the error appear when you go about 88% installing about linking files can safely be ignored by clicking Continue. If you face error when progress only reach 87% or early, you should update latest patches for Ubuntu by running update-manager then re-run the installation process.
5. When finishing the installation, you may want to configure your database connections. If you have an existing tnsnames.ora you can use, you can just copy that over to $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/ instead, otherwise you can use this wizard to create a new connection.
6. Exit from installation process when all the copy done.
Just agree with all the defaults presented and after the script has finished, we’re done.
8. Open terminal and enter following lines:
after that, open the .bashrc file and append these lines:
9. Restart the machine to apply the configuration.
10. Now you can test by open terminal and enter: sqlplus. If you want some gui-tools, create a launcher with launch parameter as: oemapp console
11. and enjoy.